Saturday, May 27, 2006

Bath Soup

Since I was feeling under the weather today, after I took my hike in the canyon to try and burn out any virus lurking in my aching joints, I made myself a hot bath. I put in:

1 cup Dead Sea Salts to try and draw out the achiness in my muscles and tissues
5 drops of Rosemary oil to help clear my stuffy head
2 tbs of olive oil to soften my skin

After I washed up with a bar of mint soap, I realized I could just as well as have been cooking a turkey as taking a bath.

Oh yummy bath.

6 comments:

s.k.namanny said...

I understand that this entry is about a hard working woman deservedly pampering her sweet self, and had nothing to do with anything sexual whatsoever, but it made me realize:

Imagining a cooked or cooking turkey in there takes the sex right out of the tub no matter who else is in it. Although I suspect there are men out there who would disagree.

Leave it to you to create an image that makes the bath sound awful, or at least awkward ("cooking a turkey")and somehow manage to make it sexy ("yummy").

Associating food with sex has always been a turn off. (9 1/2 weeks REALLY creeped me out). Is this true for most people, or do I have a disorder? Am I an anti-foodist?

Kirstie said...

I apologize. I meant for that entry to be neither sexy nor appetizing. I guess I was merely poking fun at the ingredients in my bathroom. I didn't even mention the thyme lemon shampoo.

I agree, sexiness is paltry when talking about cooked poultry.

Yuck!

Anonymous said...

The two of you need to get a room. Or at least one of you should.

Kirstie said...

"God Bless You Mr. Rosewater," that's all I can say.

jonathan said...

This is my 3rd or 4th comment today. I haven't been keeping up on pssst for a while.

I thought it might be funny to say, "You could make going number 2 sound sexy." But then I decided against it. I wrote number 2 because I do not know the rating of this blog. PG? PG13?

Kirstie said...

NC17