Tuesday, January 03, 2012

When You Lay Awake at Night Waiting for Your Child to Come Home (or WYLANWYCCH)


I want a house where everyone is considerate of one another. I do not want a house of rules but of principles. How do you balance that with authority?
I want a house where the parent holds respect and therefore authority. I don't want a house of dictatorship but one with a respected authoritative presence. How do you balance that with yourself, your short-comings?

It's a balance and a hard one to strike (the idiom 'strike a balance' comes from weighing two things until the scales are equally balanced). It's a challenge and can get tedious. That's when you need a break . . . . I might need a break.

1 comment:

Eric Bickmann - Pssst Poster said...

Today's blog is rife with a personal expression but holds words we can all hold dear in our own lives.

As promised you've been Pssst Posted on Pssst.com and Twittered @PssstPost

Do you twitter!