Thursday, October 20, 2005

Whirl-winds

Wow. My brain is spinning with this new job. One minute I am listening to a PhD. give a presentation on molecular biology and in turn the diagnostic testing that we are supposed to inform our hospital clients about -- and the next minute I am listening to a conference call dealing with a 6 million dollar project -- and it sounds like these are people playing Monopoly as grown-up kids. Sometimes this all very surreal, and very different from where I had ever imagined myself to be (like, when I was ten years old, I thought I would work on a ranch by the ocean and climb and hike and play forever).

But since I have grown-up, responsibility calls. Sometimes I say to myself, self: "this is not my busy sales job. . . this is not my blue company car. . . this is not my 401K plan." Then the days go by, same as it ever was. . .

2 comments:

s.k.namanny said...

I was thinking of "wind of change" by the Scorpions, I think. Your Talking Heads referrence is much, MUCH better. Whistling almost never works in a song.

You Rock!!!

skn

dmo said...

When I was ten years old I imagined I would drive a semi when I grew up. So things are going pretty well for me.