Sunday, February 26, 2006

Smooot Valley High brought the howse down last night. But their hot, clean-cut rock-n-roll (to melt a fuse), could not withstand the after-partying that the Dead Hensons can throw down. My good God, for Muppet loving people who can move you to tears with the wanting to live in the letter "I" song, which I did want to live in when I was growing up by the way, not to mention "I Dream of Genie's" purple, glass bottle (I still do want to live in that glass bottle, with the circular surround plush, purple couch -- who wouldn't!?), they can sure throw back the booze, drinking out of bottles wrapped in paper bags, and mingle in any crowd.

Any crowd included some random "dude's" pad and a small, loud, spunky girl who kept yelling about her roller derby glory. Yes it is true, her and another friendly, but quieter, girl are part of the roller derby league in Sacramento. They looked like some bad-ass jammers to me.

It all proved too much for me at that time of night, however, and after a terrific night of music and laughter, no back-street party on the chilly streets of Sacramento could hold my attention. Let's go I whined. But the Dead Hensons, they partied on. Smooot Valley High will have a lot to say to them when their hangovers clear the next day.

3 comments:

s.k.namanny said...

I'm gonna have to check in with your blog more often. All these great entries in my absence.
Those Dead Hensons are Drunk-ass Gangstah Thugs of the highest order. I guess that's the rock and roll life style.
Thank you so much for your appreciation of SVH. Did you recieve your free T-shirt? You earned it!

skn

Kirstie said...

If I had a SVH t-shirt, I would wear it with pride -- gay pride. No, no, clean-cut pride. Does the Smooot family mother use the word "gay" to mean happy and the morphed version is lost on her cheerful children?

dmo said...

I wonder if the guys who worked for Sesame Street partied as hard as the Dead Hensons. Maybe all that crazy, head bobbing, wild dancing, puppetry was just the booze talking.