Monday, July 30, 2007

31 Flavors


Doing some research on the "suet" I had just bought for my birdfeeder, I found a web-site that explains what to feed birds. It stated that suet is the fat around a cow's kidneys, used in feeding certain wild birds because of the protein and energy it provides. The fat is processed in a "cake" with a variety of traditional bird fixin's blended throughout. Mmmmm. . .

The web-site had this helpful suggestion for which type of suet to purchase: "Start with a suet that is most appealing to you. Ingredients vary from peanuts to papaya, hot pepper to almond, berry to cherry, and raisin to insect." While reading I wondered, would the almond and insect fatty suet be the most appealing to me. . ?

2 comments:

Molly said...

I like the suet you season cast iron pans with. Mmmmm.

s.k.namanny said...

I myself favor the cheesecake suet. Surprisingly, not New York, but Beverly hills style. It's lighter; and California cows have happier kidneys. Right up until the birds eat them, I suppose.