Thursday, April 30, 2009

In Rememberance


Tragedy has recently struck our family, my cousin's family specifically. One of my favorite cousins (I know we're not supposed to have "favorites," but we often do) recently lost her son, Seth. Seth was a very sweet kid and very close to his family. He was only 17. He and his family lived in Ojai, mostly known as a sleepy So. Cal town. Seth had admittedly fallen into a rough crowd and was working his way out of it. Last Saturday night, Seth was fatally stabbed by a 14 y/o gang member who had been harassing Seth and his friends for some time. (Story). It is a tragedy beyond comprehension. It is hard to understand that because of a few seconds of violence we will never see Seth again, that he will never grow up, that he will never have a family of his own. I can't even imagine what his mom, dad, grandma (one of my "favorite" aunts), and brothers are going through. We are travelling to Ojai this weekend to go to what will probably be the toughest memorial ever.
Hug your kids, keep them close, and cherish every day you have with your loved ones. Love you guys!

1 comment:

ame said...

Jesus. love to your beautiful family. It will always surprise me-my hands fill with tears.