Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My So-Called Office


I have been incredibly busy with work lately. With my family and my job competing for attention, it is the family that always wins out. This, however, leaves me feeling drawn and quartered sometimes. This is my converted closet made home office. Sometimes it gets cramped, but it forces me to stay on top of things. Since finding office space in my house was a challenge, I got the general ideal for the "closet turned office" from ReadyMade Magazine (only my second project out of a two year subscription). There were also directions for a "closet turned bar," but I have much less use for that.

I have a four outlet power box, a power strip, a phone line (for the fax machine), and internet connection all fed from various other parts of the house, all running up through a small hole in the floor (thanks for your help Dad!). I found that I could easily find space in other parts of the house for what used to be in the closet. Presto!

My daughter marveled one day: When the door is closed, it's hard to imagine there is a whole other world on the other side. . . It seems like an innocuous closet, until occasionally the fax machine grinds into life when the door is shut and surprises us all.

Just in case I get confused while in the closet and wonder where the coats are at.

No comments: