Sunday, March 30, 2008

Today, a rainy day, while at the gym, I could overhear a political discussion between two guys who were obviously not working out very hard. One fellow in particular was going on about this and that candidate, I wasn't really paying that close of attention. Then his voice got louder and I heard him say, "European, think about that word -- YOU'RE A PEON -- he enunciated. "Well I don't want any part of that. I want -- a mer I CAN." "A Mer I CAN," he more exageratedly enunciated.
The other guy said, "What about Mex I CAN?" And then I just couldn't hear anymore, whether physically or philosophically, and I went back to mind my own work out business.

2 comments:

jonathan said...

You know, an Afri can too. These are important points when debating world affairs: what cute phrases can we make out of nationalities?

s.k.namanny said...

I garantee this was in some mass forwarded e-mail.

Which had to have left out how we should all make up our minds about whom we'll be voting for, although I wouldn't want to "Russ(h)(Y)ia"