Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back In The Saddle

With the smoke finally abating from all these Ca. fires (knock on wood, or better yet, some other non-flammable surface), we've finally been able to hop back on our bikes, at least for now . . . and it is glorious to ride again.  Being grounded because of poor air quality created such a yearning I felt as if I were going to burst out of my skin.  It's not good for a person who weights challenging outdoor activities as an important part of life to have that taken away.

My sister Rochelle and I decided since it is in style to label every kind of imbalance (or perceived imbalance) with an acronymable label, we came up with SDD -- Smoke Depression Disorder. "How's your SDD going?" we may be heard to say.

I am happy to report that after a fantastic evening ride tonight -- no SDD resides here.

1 comment:

s.k.namanny said...

Like the old saying goes: a lot of SDD is better than a little STD.