Friday, July 25, 2008

The many faces of Hannah Rochelle . . .

Right now Hannah is out on the town with some friends of hers. I had been calling her every half hour, and then she told me it was getting embarrassing, so I've limited myself to every forty-five minutes . . . that works much better for us.

At the same time, I am listening to Cole and Brent discuss the "Oblivion" video game they are playing as if they are discussing a real society . . . it's quite a comical conversation to be eaves dropping on. They are dead serious. Every once in awhile Cole will pause during play and say, "look at this mom." He points out a particularly beautiful country side and I am pleased that Cole knows I would like it. But the video game playing -- agh, it can get so out of control.

One child is out and two are glued to the video game . . . summer slowly draws itself out to the point of feeling quite finished with it.

2 comments:

Molly said...

i just remembered overhearing the conversation between brent and aidan about x-men

aidan: what happened to him?
brent: well, he blew up.

that still makes me laugh.

hope you aren't missing hannah too much. we're in eureka. see you next week.

s.k.namanny said...

Yes--summer almost over and I've accomplished almost nothing.