Thursday, February 21, 2008

Birthday Boy

Just in case you were sad that maybe there weren't going to be reasons soon for Fifi (aka Stephanie, my talented sister) to make cupcakes -- you don't need to be sad any longer. Cole had his 13th b-day recently and you know what, Steph made camouflage cupcakes for his special day.
But more importantly, we got the boy a MOTORCYCLE for his 13th birthday. It's a tiny motorcycle albeit, but it is a motorcycle. It's a 50cc trail bike (and if you know about bikes, this one is a replica of the Honda 50cc trail bike that hasn't been in production since the 70's. We found this 2004 version for sale on Craig's List).This bike is so much fun, I even take my turn riding it. Our favorite places to ride are up on my parent's property in Meadow Vista (the bike fits in the back of my car) and on a dirt track behind our neighborhood. The boys are schooling me on shifting. Although this bike is called an automatic, it has three gears, but no clutch. I guess that's what makes it an automatic. It's been at least 27 years since I've driven a motorcycle. It comes back fast, however, like riding a bike!So far, Cole is being very responsible with his bike and it seems to be feeding his budding masculine soul well. I am keeping the medicine chest stocked with bandages however.Now, in case you need more cupcake photos, you may have to wait a while because I am sugared out and hoping for no more reasons for cupcakes. Although, does one ever need a reason for cupcakes? I think not. I'm off to ride now!

2 comments:

Molly said...

It's official - you are the mother of three teenagers!!! I remember stopping by the grocery store to pick up some flowers, flirting with the cute boy that bagged groceries, then coming up to Auburn to see you and baby Cole. I can't believe that was 13 years ago! Cool bike Cole.

Grace and Aria said...

I love those cupcakes! And pink camo for girls...

Happy Birthday to your Cole!! I better not see you riding around town on his motorcycle when Cole's in school ;)