Saturday, February 16, 2008

Solitude

"Can't see the forest for the trees" is an idiom that means one is paying too much attention to the details and can not understand the big picture. Here's the big picture of a forest that had burned down many years ago. I can't remember when.Looking up at a burned tree.Looking way up.
Turning the camera on myself.
Unflattering self-portrait lying in the snow, taken at the Yuba Gab exit, a couple miles hiked in the middle of nowhere, all by myself, California, USA.


3 comments:

Molly said...

Middle of nowhere, all by yourself. Sounds good to me. Love the picture looking way up. The blue sky is brilliant.

Kirstie said...

The sky was brilliant, and the landscape beautiful-- and eery. I ran in beteween trees and around creeks excited as a kid in a candy shop. It was exhilirating -- and lonely. It was one of those bitter-sweet days, you know the ones? Maybe you can go with me sometime. Now that Hannah's snowboarding practice is over, I won't have those five hours of free time in the snowy mountains to kill anymore. I'll have to make time.

Grace and Aria said...

Beautiful photos! I know exactly what you mean... peaceful yet lonely.