Sunday, February 03, 2008

B's B-Day

Hannah turned 15. Happy B-Day B! 
(Her nickname became 'B' after Hannah became Hannah-Banana, which became Banana, which simply became 'B').
Hannah and I are exploring our new relationship to each other, with her being a full blown teenager and all. Whew!
I am hoping she stays as sweet as these fabulous cupcakes her Aunt Stephanie (most famously known as "Aunt Fifi") made for her party. I can see that Hannah is trying to find her place in the world right now, although her main concerns on the forefront seem to be friends and fun.
I don't blame her, friends and fun are very important. But there is a strange balance going on right now where sometimes she pulls at the tether that keeps us connected until it feels like it will break. Then other times she's reeled in as tight as she was when she was a toddler.
I suppose the best thing we can do is hold on steadily and enjoy all the sweetness we can find around us.

1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

Beautiful cupcakes! Happy birthday to your girl :)
I am feeling similar growing pains with my 6 year old. I'm holding on and enjoying what I can...