Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Birds and the Bees

While getting an estimate for trimming the trees in the yard, I discovered two things, a bees nest in a dead oak. .

and a robin's nest with baby birds in it in a tree closer to the house. I won't be having the limb with the baby birdies in it cut down until the Fall when they have moved on.
I climbed the tree to try and get a picture of the baby birds, with their mouths wide open . . .

Unfortunately, I fell out of the tree! Ouch, ouch, ouch. . . I ended up on the couch the rest of the afternoon (with a few knots and bumps that formed on my leg about a half hour later) instead of taking that bike ride in the canyon I was planning on. Drats!

4 comments:

s.k.namanny said...

beirut is hype and so is your hot scarified leg

Molly said...

You poor thing! The estimate probably hurt too!

Kirstie said...

The estimate hurt worse!

timbshoo said...

Joe Huckins is a tree climber/cutter 401-6029