Tuesday, August 28, 2007


Cole meets Mr. Praying Mantis (or Mrs. Praying Mantis, it looks so elegant).

Last night after dinner, my two older children headed to the gym together (they invited me, but I was tired. I attempted a run in the canyon earlier that evening, but since I felt as weak a newborn calf trying to take its first step, I cut the run short and walked home). Cole decided to spend his time after dinner by heading outside with the camera to see what he could find. Every once in a while, a parent gets time to reflect and appreciate that years spent trying instill good habits are manifesting themselves in actual good habits.

Brent started his first day of college yesterday. Oh my God (or, Oh Your God, as Bender would say on "Futurama." We don't practice ALL good habits), I have a child in college. I couldn't be more proud.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Wow. It seems like yesterday Brent was in kindergarten. Where did the years go? Beautiful praying mantis. Love those things.