Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Sounds of . . .


I am listening to my new favorite band Beirut (click on the panio keys to find "sounds") while I am cooking the family breakfast this Saturday morning. Beirut has a lot of sounds in their music besides the usual drums and guitars: horns, accordions, organs, beautiful melodic singing, and probably a lot more than I can readily identify. It is a romantic sound to off-set my highly unromantic single-mom-of-three-teenagers-life (albeit awesome teenagers). Beirut's sound is also passionate, exotic, soothing and energizing. All of which my life can be at times, however.


Now after I cook breakfast I must go out and cut the grass before the tree trimmer guy shows up to give me an estimate. For some reason I feel the yard must look nice in order to get a better estimate. I do all this while my teenagers sleep soundly through the late morning, early afternoon. Breakfast cools unappetizingly on the table. But Beirut plays romantically, exotically in the background. All sounds well.

No comments: