Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quinoa: It's What's For Breakfast


After a weekend of wine tasting, chocolate, and prime rib cooked just right, (I was working! If one has to go to a Clinical Laboratory Management conference on a Saturday, it may as well be at a beautiful winery in the Sonora Foothills, right?), I needed to cleanse my indulging-lovin' soul (and body) with a simple, nutrient-rich breakfast. So, I cooked up my new favorite grain, Quinoa (keen-wah), and sauteed some asparagus in loads of garlic -- sounds like breakfast? It was yummmmy. Quinoa is noted for having the most complete amino acids profile (protein) of any grain. It is native to the Andes and is a staple in Peru and Chile. And it's tasty.

4 comments:

Molly said...

Let's do breakfast.

Kate said...

I love Quinoa. We overdosed on it a few years ago, but maybe I'll reintroduce it at the Fingerson house. Thanks Kirstie!

Grace and Aria said...

It kinda looks like cous cous. Hmmm... I'm intrigued.

s.k.namanny said...

I have to taste this stuff.
skn