Sunday, November 18, 2007

Oh My Daaarling Clementine

Photo from the world wide web

We are so lucky to have such a beautiful canyon in our backyard. People come from all around to ride and hike on the trails that we can just walk out our front doors to and head out on (like when I want to take a break from work. No stale coffee and boring co-worker chatter in a stuffy break room for me!).

Yesterday I rode my bike on the Clementine Loop. It's a 9 mile trail with about a 1,500 ft. elevation climb at the beginning. A moderately hard climb up is followed by a raucous (very fun!) ride back down, over rocks, over bumps, through a tunnel and around twisting trail. Towards the end of the ride, the trail follows along side the river, which is precariously about 30 ft. immediately below. Not a lot of room for error, but exhilarating. Yeehaaaaa!

4 comments:

Be Inspired Always said...

That is simply beautiful.



I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come visit mine.


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.



Jillian

Molly said...

Yeah! You made it home in one piece. Glad you had fun.

s.k.namanny said...

You're only missing a picture of a beautiful young woman skipping a rock.

Grace and Aria said...

Wow! I will have to live vicariously through you. My short mountain biking career didn't go too well. I'm kinda scared of anything involving dirt or rocks under my tires. Walking/hiking is more my speed.
It sounds wonderful, though.