Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gifts of Cake


I found this photo recently of a cake that my friend Amy Reed had made for me.  Five or six years ago, as an adult, I decided to return to college and at the end of a great experience (exceptionally great as far as impact on my life and personal outlook, but laborious and harrowing as well), my friends and family threw me a party.  A party to remember.  And Amy, a beautiful woman , made me a Frida Kahlo cake because she knew I admired Frida Kahlo's tenacity and passion, which translated to her artwork.  Frida Kahlo also had a unibrow, and if I didn't groom regularly, I could probably grow a unibrow.  I admire Frida also for saying to hell with plucking and sporting that unibrow.
Thanks again for the cake Amy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have never let it be with so few strawberries..........!!!!

What a kid i was.


Thank you lovely lady
love always,
a.