Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Word Usage: Patterns


It is nice getting back to routines now that the Holidays are over. I have at times felt that the tedium of managing daily life can be smothering, however, I realized today that I enjoy patterns (the dictionary usage: forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement), and that includes the tedium of daily life.

The photo above is of the Toile curtains hanging in my bedroom. I like the pattern (the dictionary usage: a decorative design). I laid in bed this morning staring at these curtains feeling very glad that they were not green and red and adorned with Christmas trees.

2 comments:

Molly said...

You are GORGEOUS (the dicitonary usage: Dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent).

s.k.namanny said...

There might never have been a better justification for the words of one Hawkey Pierce, who said "I like to read the dictionary. I figure it's got all the other books in it."

And Molly is right, by the way.

skn